ANIMALS NOT ACCEPTABLE AS SACRIFICE
What shortcomings in animal will not make him eligible for sacrifice?
Following defects in animals will deem them to be not offered as sacrifice.
1. Animal with one horn.
3. Deaf such that it can be felt.
4. Such legless so he cannot walk and come to place of sacrifice.
5. Such sick that his sickness is visible.
6. If ear, eye, tail is missing more than 1/3rd part.
7. Toothless since birth, or broken to such an extent that cannot feed on grass/fodder.
8. Mental unfit such that cannot feed itself.
9. Itchy animal (skin conditions), very fragile and weak.
10. Whose udder is dried or cut off 1/3rd part.
11. Goat, She sheep whose one part udder is cut or not present.
12. Cow, she camel whose 2 part udder not present.
13. Animal whose feed is dirty.
14. Cow or Buffalo whose 1/3rd tongue is cut.
15. Such weak and fragile animal looks like bag of skeleton.
16. Such animal which has physical organs of both male/ female.
[Masaile qurbani m. Rafat] [khulasatul fatawa 4/320] [Fatawa rahimiyah 3/383]
Mufti Imran Ismail Memon